Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 18 -- Steps and a Plan

Today it became apparent to me that I need a more formal plan to accomplish the goals I would like to achieve.  Today at work I was able to help one of the other assistants with their files.  However, why do I struggle so much with my own?  I need a plan at work.  I need an inventory list of current files made and a list of files to make.  I would also like to create a file/list of tasks I would like to learn/do and skills I would like to acquire.  I would also like to create a list or resource guide of what I work on and/or have accomplished in my current position.

After work, I listened to a teleconference on building a wellness sanctuary.  The organizer provided great examples on simple actions that can be taken to create a space of comfort and serenity at home and at work.  For example:  lighting scented candles, choosing colors that are soothing, or using the good dishes on an ordinary day.  Savoring the moment -- no matter what is going on.  I would like to create a welllness sanctuary at home, at work,  in my car, in my relationships etc :-) ....


In the evening,  I met with a few potential sponsors and invested a little time for PTJ.  Came home to a very pleasant surprise from a good friend -- a reminder that I am the boss of me!!

Now I am at Ed's house trying to comfort him with some goodies as recuperates from a nasty cold.


Til tomorrow -- another chance to organize my desk at work!