Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Nine and Ten -- Woot Woot!!

Day Nine was wonderful!  Ed and I had a fantastic time at the wedding Saturday night.

***Coincidentally we were assigned to Table 10 and our room was 107 [Ten, and for those who know me well, 7 has been "spiritual"/common number in my life -- I can almost hear the chuckles in the distance for this stretch.  Ummm for those who do not know... I was often, if not always, assigned #7 in every sport I played.   I was 7lbs. 7oz. ounces born in 77 - on the 25th ( 2+5=7).  7 letters in my first name, 7 in my middle and last combined.  Over the years and in several particular months, I have had quite a few cherishable experiences on the 7th.  Every single address I have ever lived/worked in has had the number seven in it somewhere (and I have moved quite a bit in 33 years!)  One address was even 341 South 7th Ave Apt 7 - lol.  Currently I live on the 18th floor of my apt but there is no 13th floor so technically I am still on the 17th - lol.  I guess am the quasi superstious "seven is lucky" type.   The numbers 3 and 11 are also very spiritual numbers to me  as well :-) Like I said -- could all be coincidences, but I enjoy observing the patterns.  Even if it is like making that "horoscope wisdom apply perfectly" - LOL***

We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with some of the other wedding guests and then enjoyed a sunny ride home.  After unpacking a bit, Ed and I met up with friends for a nice "southern style" meal at Delta's in New Brunswick, followed by a funny, but crass movie.  We went to go see Hot Tub Time Machine.  It was sooo nice having a weekend of laughter and celebration with good friends.

Although Ed was not overly impressed with the organizing I have done at home thus far, I see the progress.  I have the vision in mind and I can see where "stations" are being allocated to meet my goals.  :-).  Plus this is not about him.  This is my space and my place for self discovery.  :-).  Nevertheless, I can't help but value the feedback from those I care for and about.

Day Ten has been pretty good so far too.  I enjoyed a healthy breakfast  and then was able to organize at my desk for a bit too.  I received my next book for the next book club on April 28th.  This one is titled "The First 90 Days".  On the cover it says, "Critical Success for New Leaders at All Levels".  Not knowing much about what this book will focus on, by the title alone I feel as if I am a new leader of my self with this quest for organization and balance. This seems especially evident to me by taking initiative and using this blog as a tool to plan and document my journey.   :-).  So far it has been fun and a treat I look forward to each day.

Note to self -- Tomorrow follow up on hotel rates for our South Beach girls trip in July.  Also create master list of other outstanding items.  I finally received my "acceptances" from Fed and State.  So checks should be coming along soon to provide a little bit of breathing room.  :-).

Today I spent some time saying prayers of gratitude for some very special people in my life.  I feel blessed.

Ok now on to a meeting.  (One that I am late for -- shocker...).  Tonight I plan to chip away at the PTJ project! I am meeting with that boss tomorrow. yikes.   :-).